|Situation||Email(s) that you require have been quarantined. You would like to know how to release quarantined emails from the Guided User Interface.|
|Solution||This article provides steps on how to release quarantined email(s) from the GUI.|
- Log in to the Proofpoint Essentials Admin Console using your credentials.
- Navigate to the account in question.
- Under the Tools sidebar, click Log Search.
- Click Specific User. Find the desired user and click on their address
- Choose the directional Type (inbound/outbound), specify a Date Range and leave the status as Quarantined.
- You can further specify the search criteria using the From, To and Subject fields.
- Click Search.
- From the results returned, check the box on the row of the email that you wish to release.
- Click the Actions dropdown and select Release from Quarantine.
- Click Apply - this will release the selected email(s) and deliver them to their intended recipient.
The release from quarantine functionality runs on a five minute schedule and your email may not just be ready to be released. If an error occurs please wait five minutes and attempt this action again.
If after five minutes you are still not able to release please contact Proofpoint Essentials Support