About Email Security
Email Security provides protection against malware-based threats, such as malicious attachments and links, as well as related threats such as email fraud and credential-phishing emails. It also identifies and secures sensitive information in emails, using DLP (Data Loss Prevention) and email encryption. Email Security gives administrators visibility into threat landscape, including a detailed breakdown of specific threat types and the frequency of attacks so they can make informed decisions about strategies to mitigate the related risk.
Email Security bundles together the following products: note that which functions you have access to in these products depends on which package(s) your organization has licensed.
- URL Defense, which protects against URL-based email threats, including malware and credential phishing, by identifying and, if necessary, rewriting all URLs before they reach the user’s inbox and, if the user clicks on a URL, sandboxing the link in real-time
- Attachment Defense, which protects against both known and unknown threats that may be in email attachments, for a wide range of file types, as well as against attachments with embedded URLs
- DLP (Data Loss Prevention) and Content Filtering, which reduces risk when outgoing emails contain sensitive information such as PIL, PHL, financial information, GDPR terms, and more, through the use of built-in dictionaries and Smart Identifiers
- One-Click Message Pull, which can remove, from a user’s mailbox, emails identified as a security threat or that do not meet a company's communication standards
- Automated Email Encryption, which secures emails that contain sensitive data
- Email Warning Tags, which attaches a short description of the risk associated with an email that falls into the grey area between “clean” and “malicious”, allowing users to make informed decisions about how to handle such email
- Email Continuity, which includes the Emergency Inbox, Instant Replay (for emails lost or deleted in the past 30 days), and Email Spooling
- Social Media Account Protection, which monitors up to three branded social media accounts to prevent hacking and the posting of spam and/or malware on those accounts
What Email Security Does
Email Security scans emails to identify and take action on, spam, viruses, and other email threats, helping ensure that email flows at all times. It also uses heuristic scanning to identify and protect against other email threats.
When a potential threat is found, Email Security leverages Targeted Attack Protection to protect users from the consequences of clicking on a malicious link, opening a malicious attachment, or replying to a message sent with malicious intent, for example, an email from someone pretending to represent a company's supplier emails a request to change banking information.
The information gathered by Email Security helps administrators see the full landscape of threats, as well as to drill down into details about specific threat types and their frequencies. This allow them to make informed decisions.