As a new Proofpoint customer, you are trying to Set up Inbound email. You are a new admin trying to create a new domain in the Proofpoint Essentials dashboard.
|Solution||As an Organization Admin, login into the user interface, navigate to Account Management > Domains tab and follow the steps below.|
Creating a New Domain
- Navigate to Account Management > Domains.
- Click New Domain.
- Enter the domain name.
- Choose Domain purpose.
- Management is for solely managing the domain. This setting will not relay email.
- Relay is for domains that will be used for email delivery
- Enter the Primary SMTP Destination IP Address or hostname where Proofpoint will be sending your mail. Make sure the SMTP destination can receive email via port 25 and accept email for your registered domain.
- Add SMTP Failover 1, 2, 3, 4 IP addresses (Optional).
Verifying a New Domain
- Click Verify Later if you need to wait for DNS propagation for TXT record or META tag to get added. This will save the settings with verification codes.
- If ready, you may use Verify Now.
- If Verify Later was used, come back to Domain settings when DNS has propagated.
- Click Verify Now.
- Enable relay by using the toggle switch.
Additional Information: These steps are also located in the Getting Started Guide
[Setup Step 1] - Current Step - Instructions for activating Proofpoint Essentials for a domain's inbound email
[Setup Step 2] - Creating Users
[Setup Step 3] - Firewall lockdown options for Email & LDAP Discovery
[Setup Step 4] - Instructions for changing MX records
[Setup Step 5] - (Optional): Instructions on activating Proofpoint Essentials for an organization's outbound email
[Setup Step 6] - Configuring additional features
Important Note: Remember that changes here take place every half hour to 1 hour. (Top and bottom of the hour)