Azure AD Error's and Resolutions
|Situation||This article will help you to resolve Azure AD error's or issues you may encounter.|
|Solution||For each error you encounter this article will give you a description of the error you may see, along with a provided resolution step.|
Errors & Resolutions
1. All domains associated with your Azure AD directory must be added in order to perform a sync.
|"The following domain(s) 'Domainproofpoint.com' has been found that is not currently associated with your customer account. All domains associated with your Azure AD directory must be added in order to perform a sync."|
- The following domain(s) 'Domainproofpoint.com' has been found that is not currently associated with your customer account. All domains associated with your Azure AD directory must be added in order to perform a sync.
- You must ensure all associated domains within your Office 365 are added to the Proofpoint console.
- Alternatively you can add the domains not associated with your customer account as Management rather than relay. Then re-run the sync.
2. Invalid Credentials
- Failed to connect. Please check your Azure credentials.
- This error will be produced when an incorrect token and/or ID is currently being entered within th Proofpoint Essentials Azure configuration setup.
- Please review the Azure configuration guide: https://help.proofpoint.com/Proofpoint_Essentials/Administrator_Topics/040_usersandgroups/Azure_Active_Directory_Sync_Guide
- Referencing: "Step 1: Creating The Custom Application In Azure"
3. You have used up all of your current user licenses. In order to add additional licensed users you must contact your Reseller.
- This organization has no additional user licenses available. The number of user licenses needs to be increased before additional user accounts can be added.
- You have used up all of your current user licenses. In order to add additional licensed users you must contact your Reseller.
- You must contact your re-seller to have your license count increased or user capping disabled
4. Token Invalid
- The token does not appear to be correct. Please ensure this is valid.
- If you see this error, there may be a 5- 10 minute propagation from Azure. Azure can sometimes see a delay in a new token between trusted applications.
- After 10 minutes, please re-generate a new token and ensure it is correctly copied into the PP Azure configuration.
Note: Also ensure the following permissions are set correctly within Azure:
- Application Permissions : Read Directory Data
- Delegated Permissions : Read all users' basic profiles
- Delegated Permissions : Read all groups
- Delegated Permissions : Read directory data
5. Account manifesto is up to date
- The account manifesto is up to date.
- No users are being returned.
- Does the user have Admin rights to prevent permission issues
- Users not returned have an SMTP proxy address & Mail address specified
5. The certificate has expired on the Azure App registrations side
- "We have come across a problem, and cannot continue. Please contact support quoting 1019d7 if this problem persists."
- The number after "quoting" always changes.
- This is error is on the customers side. They will have to renew their Certificate on the Azure App registrations side.
- If admin create a new "secret key in the Azure App", admin must update the Key in the Proofpoint Dashboard under Import and Sync.