|Situation||Does the Proofpoint Essentials product have a plug-in for the Encryption product?|
- Prior to installation, ensure you have licensed your account to the appropriate package.
- Advanced is minimum package
- Outbound relay through Proofpoint Essentials is required.
- If outbound mail does not flow through Proofpoint Essentials, messages cannot be encrypted.
|Exchange Version||Window's Version||Outlook Version||Proofpoint Installer|
The above compatibility matrix will help in getting the appropriate plug-in. Please note that the installer depends on the Outlook bit version, and not the OS bit version.
Please make sure your Outlook Program is closed out prior to installation of the plug-in.
- From where you downloaded the installation file, double-click to start the installation.
- Click Run on the security warning if it pops up.
- Click Next on the Proofpoint Encryption Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook Set-up screen.
- Check the box for the license agreement and click Next.
- Click Next to install in the default folder or click Change to select another location.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish when the installation has completed.
- Launch Outlook.
- Compose a new message.
- Look for the Send Securely button in the message composition window.
In order for the plug-in to work properly, Outlook must have been installed from a local installation. Cloud-based installs of Outlook have caused the plug-in to not work properly.
Please review the KB for How to set-up Email Encryption to ensure the filter is enabled.
If the filter is not auto-created, please see this KB Setting-up Email Encryption Filters to create the filter.
The plug-in itself typical works. However at times we receive complaints about the plug-in not showing. Please see this KB Encryption Plug-in not showing to troubleshoot.