|Situation||You want to implement a Data Loss Prevention Dictionary policy.|
|Solution||This is accomplished by creation of a custom DLP filter policy rule. See below for a list of Smart Identifiers you can use in the filter.|
Where possible, a dictionary should be used in conjunction with a corresponding smart identifier. EX: SSN Dictionary with SSN smart ID. Also, each filter should be separate, not in one large filter.
How to create the custom DLP filter policy rule:
- Navigate to Security Settings> Email > Filter Policies.
- Click New Filter.
- Enter an appropriate name in the Filter Name field.
- Select Inbound or Outbound depending on the direction of mail flow that the filter should be applied.
- Click Continue.
- From the Scope dropdown, select the scope that the filter should apply to.
- From the If dropdown, select Dictionary Scan.
- Click Manage. A pop-up window will appear.
- Check the Smart Identifiers that you wish to scan for. You may choose as many as you wish. See below for available Smart Identifiers.
- Click Close.
- From the Do dropdown, choose the appropriate action to take when the filter is identified. For example, you may select Quarantine.
- Click Save.
A dictionary is a pre-defined regular terms that have been grouped together. There are 3 dictionaries
- ABA Terms
- Trading Terms
- Driver License Terms
- Broker Terms
- Clean Words
- Credit Card Terms
- Credit Report Terms
- ITAR Country
- ITAR Term
- MRN Term
- Resume Term
- SSN Term
- Source Code
- SourceCode Perl
- GDPR PII Term
Protected Health Information
- ICD 10
- ICD 9
- NDC Class
- NDC Dosage
- NDC Names
- NDC Route
Important using Dictionary Only:
If using Dictionary only, these should be separated conditions, either a separate filter, or used as an AND condition in the same filter.
EX, DOB should be used with an AND condition to another dictionary.