|Situation||You want to configure Exchange 2010 to send outbound with Proofpoint Essentials|
|Solution||The below information will guide you, step by step, to setup the outbound connectors.|
Setting up outbound connectors in exchange 2010
- Open the Exchange Management Console on a computer that has the Hub Transport server role.
- In the console tree, navigate to Organization Configuration > Hub Transport, and then click the Send Connectors tab in the work pane.
- In the action pane, click New Send Connector…
- On the Introduction page, type a name for the connector in the Name field, such as Proofpoint Essentials.
- In the Select the intended use for this connector field, click Custom.
- On the Address space page, click Add.
- In the SMTP Address Space dialog box, enter * to specify for all domains
- On the Network Settings page, select Route mail through the following smart hosts, and then click Add.
- In the Add smart host dialog box, enter the Proofpoint Essentials smart host value (i.e., outbound-us1.ppe-hosted.com)
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- On the Source Server page, select the Hub transport server that you are working on.
- To create the Send connector, click New.
Exchange 2010 is End of Service as of October 13th, 2020. If you are using Excahnge 2010, you should upgrade to supported technologies as quickly as possible. The security company Rapid7 created an article on the reasons for this: https://blog.rapid7.com/2020/09/29/microsoft-exchange-2010-end-of-support-and-overall-patching-study/