|Situation||You want to customize your license services, or upgrade or downgrade your package.|
See below for information on what features you can customize regarding your license, and how to:
Proofpoint Essentials is available in 4 versions:
For more information on versions, check out this website of Proofpoint Essentials Packages.
Each company is interested in different Proofpoint Essentials services, so when selecting the package type, you are able to choose the appropriate features and modules for your needs. You can upgrade, downgrade or change a user’s license by following the instructions below after navigating to Company Settings > Licensing:
Adding / Decreasing Users’ Licences. (restricted to roles of Channel admin or higher)
- Adjust the User License number to the required amount and click Save button at the bottom of the screen.
- If additional users are added, your Billing and Technical contact will be informed of the change.
- The appropriate entity will then receive a prorate invoice for the changed user count.
Enable User capping
Enabling this feature will not allow customers to add users above the number in the license field. This is useful for partners who sell an annual prepaid agreement and do not want to be billed for any users above that licensed amount. It forces the customer to contact the partner to order more licenses and be able to add them to the system.
- When selecting an upgrade, you are automatically granted a 14 day trial of the upgraded service.
- After 14 days, you will have the opportunity to confirm the upgrade or continue using your current version.
- If upgraded packages are confirmed, invoicing will be charged at a prorate.
- If you want to downgrade to a more basic package, click on the downgrade button and save your changes.
- The Billing and Technical contact will be informed by email of this decision and the changes will be applied straightaway.