|Situation||You want to create a filter rule for specific extensions and/or filenames and block them from end users.|
|Solution||Follow the below steps to create a new Inbound or Outbound filter to filter specific extensions.|
Blocking Specific Extensions
Consider reviewing these articles for a more broad view on our filters:
- Navigate to Security Settings > Email > Filter Policies.
- Click Inbound or Outbound depending on which direction you wish to block.
- For Filter Name, enter an appropriate name.
- Ensure the Direction dropdown has the desired option selected.
- Click Continue.
- From the Scope drowdown, select the desired option (i.e. Company or specific users/groups).
- For If, select Attachment Name.
- For the next operator, select IS.
- In the Text Box, input the file extension name you want to block.
- Examples to block all zip files: *.zip, *.7z, *.rar
- Block pictures: *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.png
- From the Do dropdown, select Quarantine.
To create an Allow condition in the place of Quarantine choose Allow.
11. Click Save.
After you click Save, the filter will be enabled and you will return to the filters page. You will see a note confirming Filter added.