|Situation||You want to create a filter rule for specific extensions and/or filenames and block them from end users.|
|Solution||Follow the below steps to create a new Inbound or Outbound filter to filter specific extensions.|
Blocking Specific Extensions
Consider reviewing these articles for a more broad view on our filters:
- Navigate to Security Settings > Email > Filter Policies.
- Click Inbound or Outbound depending on which direction you wish to block.
- For Filter Name, enter an appropriate name.
- Ensure the Direction dropdown has the desired option selected.
- Click Continue.
- From the Scope drowdown, select the desired option (i.e. Company or specific users/groups).
- For If, select Attachment Name.
- For the next operator, select IS.
- In the Text Box, input the file extension name you want to block.
- Examples to block all zip files: *.zip, *.7z, *.rar
- Block pictures: *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.png
- From the Do dropdown, select Quarantine.
- Click Save.
After you click Save, the filter will be enabled and you will return to the filters page. You will see a note confirming Filter added.