- Navigate to Security Settings > Email > Filter Policies.
- On either the Inbound or Outbound tab, click New Filter.
It may also be useful to create a new filter based on an existing one: to copy a filter, click .
- Enter a descriptive Filter Name.
- Choose the filter direction (Inbound or Outbound) — defaults to the tab being used for this procedure, but can be overridden.
- Click Continue.
The filter definition page opens.
The filter’s name and direction are shown on a panel on the right of the page. You can change the filter’s name and direction on this panel, and/or add a description of the filter.
- Choose the Scope of the filter (company, group, or user).
- Define the first “if” condition that will determine if the email triggers the filter’s action: choose a condition from the list, then choose the appropriate value (if any).
- If necessary, click Add Another Condition and repeat the steps. Repeat until all conditions are defined, in order.
- Choose the primary action that results when a email meets the condition(s): Quarantine, Allow or Nothing.
- If this action should take priority over any actions defined for other filters the email might match, check Override Previous Destination.
- Optionally, click Add Another Action and choose an additional action.
- Click Save.
The filter is listed on the appropriate tab (Inbound or Outbound).
To enable or disable a filter, on the appropriate tab (Inbound or Outbound) click the toggle on or off.