|Situation||A query about a specific Email to the Proofpoint Essentials support team may require a permalink for support to access the email details.|
|Solution||Follow the below steps to copy and provide the support team with the permalink from the details section in the email logs.|
Your Administrator or Proofpoint Essentials Support Team may request you identify messages that you need support for by sending its Permalink to the Proofpoint Essentials Support team.
A permalink, in the case of Proofpoint Essentials' Interface, is a URL that points directly to the email detail information of a specific email log entry after it has been processed by our platform. Permalinks remain unchanged and it is possible for the Support team to use this link to identify a specific message in the email logs.
When you are asked to send one or more of these messages (in the case of pattern identifications) they are retrieved by completing the following steps:
- Login to your Proofpoint Essentials interface URLs as an Administrator or User.
- Navigate to Users & Groups (for Administrators) or Quarantine (for Users).
Administrators follow steps 3 & 4. Users skip to step 5.
- If you do not see the user from the immediate list, search for the user in the search field.
- On the line of the specific user, click Logs.
- Refine your search to find a specific email you want to be reviewed.
Type This is for Inbound or Outbound email. Received Adjust this to your best estimate of the time frame you are looking at. Status This is where the message currently resides. If absolutely unsure, try to use ANY if you input the following fields. FROM This is the sender address. TO This is the recipient address. Subject Key words found in the message subject.
- Click Search. If there are no results, review the search parameters.
- From the results click Detail to display the Email Detail window.
- The top line of the Email Detail window will contain the Permalink needed to identify the message.
- Copy the entire URL, or right click via your browser copy command, and provide this to support.
New UI View