|Situation||You have finished migrating or creating a new customer into Proofpoint, but email is not flowing. Senders are seeing lots of rejections from Proofpoint servers.|
Once an account is completely setup on Proofpoint Essentials User Interface according to the getting started guide found here, the Partners/Customers will need to wait up to 60 minutes for the changes to update across Proofpoint Essentials' Network before testing the service. If you need a copy of the Getting Started Guide, please contact Support or your Reseller.
Partners/Customers should ensure they have provided all the required information and the following have been configured. (Any changes made will require up to 60 minutes propagation time)
- Correct SMTP destination IP address(es)/hostname(s) entered
- Firewall lockdown for Proofpoint IP ranges.
- MX records updated.
If emails are not being delivered from one particular domain
If you are not receiving email from a specific domain, it could be due to one of the reasons below. Check here for more information.
- The sender is on one or more of Proofpoint's email block lists.
- Check IP sender IP address in our IPcheck (Normally, sender will see a rejection message with :"Email error 550 email blocked")
- Contact Essentials Support to check if sender domain is being blocked on the domain level
- There is an issue with the senders SMTP server (You will need to request SMTP outbound logs of the sending server)
- Emails might have been detected as spam and should be visible in the user's quarantine.