Your company has implemented Proofpoint Essentials to provide you with comprehensive protection against unwanted and malicious email. Proofpoint Essentials will prevent virus-affected and potential spam emails from reaching your inbox. Typically you will receive a daily digest of emails that Proofpoint Essentials has quarantined, allowing you to choose which emails, if any, to release and deliver. You can also access the Proofpoint Essentials interface, a secure web-based user interface that you can use to:
Manage your user information
Update your preferences
Manage your safe and blocked senders
Search your quarantine
Access the Emergency Inbox
The user interface usually consists of three tabs: Quarantine, Settings, and Emergency Inbox. A fourth tab, Archive, may also appear be available if your company has licensed the Email Archive feature.
Some features are not available to all users; you might see an additional tab, or different options on a tab.
Use the Quarantine tab to review and take actions on email you sent or received that was potential harmful and therefore was quarantined rather than delivered.
Use the Settings tab to set up Proofpoint Essentials to meet your needs.
- To view or change information about your user account, click Profile.
- To view the aliases your administrator has added to your account, click Aliases.
- To view or change the settings that determine how incoming messages that are determined to be spam are handled, click Spam.
- To set up the digest feature, which will send a list of quarantined emails to you via email, click Digests.
- To see a list of the groups to which you belong, click Groups.
- To identify email addresses you want considered safe or whose messages should be quarantined, click Sender Lists.
- to define disclaimers to be added to your outgoing email, click Disclaimers.
Emergency Inbox tab
The Emergency Inbox allows you to continue working with email even if your company's email servers are down.
- Introducing Proofpoint Essentials
- Building and Sending Reports in Proofpoint Essentials
- Emails are not being received after setting up an organization on Proofpoint Essentials
- How do Poofpoint Essentials maintenance windows impact our organization?
- How to Create a Customer Template
- How to edit contents of the default Proofpoint Essentials notification emails.
- How to enable Active Directory Sync to Proofpoint Essentials (LDAP Discovery)
- SMTP Discovery Management
- Where and how to log in to Proofpoint Essentials
- Spam settings
- Adjusting your spam settings
- Adding a Spam stamp to message subject lines and delivering messages
- Google Apps email caught as spoof
- How to configure Proofpoint Essentials' Spam detection
- Inbound Email: Not receiving emails from specific senders or sending domains
- Inbound / Outbound UI Stats for Users
- Options for handling Bulk Mail
- Spam email still delivered to users
- Spam Settings Explained
- Spoofing: What is email and inbound domain spoofing and how do I prevent it?
- User Digest Settings
- Quarantine digest
- Email Encryption
- DKIM and DMARC
- Targeted Attack Protection
- How are threats recognized?