You have questions regarding specifics on email delivery, such as:
|Solution||Instructions on how to provide information to support to better assist in reviewing mail delivery, whether it was received or not.|
Instructions on submitting specific details for general problems with an email, both received and not received at the recipient end. This article does not address misclassifications (i.e. Spam that got through or desired email that got caught), there is a separate article for that, such as Spam email still delivered to users.
Submitting Specific details to support
The Proofpoint Essentials Support Team will need specific details in order to investigate any problem. A subjective description is good and desired, although more detailed information will be needed:
- If the problem is about email(s) that has already arrived at the recipient end: we will need to see the headers of the email. If needed see the section below entitled: How to view Outlook email header. In addition, please also provide a permalink to the message.
- If the problem is about email(s) that has NOT arrived at the recipient end:
- We will need to know at least the email address of the Sender and an estimate of the time it was sent.
- It would help us to know the IP address (public IP not private IP) of the server from which the email would be arriving.
- The exact timestamp this was sent. Please ensure the time zone is included.
- It would also help greatly if you can confirm with a fair certainty that (a) the sender has indeed sent the email already and (b) the sender used the right recipient email address.
- If the sender has received a bounce message, we need to see the body of this bounce message as well as it's headers. See how to view Outlook email header.
- We may need sender logging information as well.