|Situation||You want to access, modify, or better understand your digest settings.|
See below for information on how to:
How to access Digest Settings
Navigate to Administration > Account Management > Digests
Enabling quarantine digests
Enabling Digests for all users:
Navigate to Administration > Account Management > Digests.
- Set Receive Quarantine Digests to Yes.
- Check the box by Update Quarantine Digest settings for all existing user accounts near the Save button.
- Click Save.
By updating all users option, they will inherit all settings from the admin level.
Enabling Digests for specific Users:
Please see this KB: Configuring User Digest Settings
You can configure user level settings different from the admin level default settings.
Receive Quarantine Digest
This is an on/off functionality to either receive a digest or not.
Only include messages quarantined since the last Quarantine Digest was sent
- Yes means only new emails appear in the digest since the last run.
- No: Without this selected, each digest will contain quarantined emails set forth by the Retention Period .
Quarantine Digest Delivery Start Time
Sets the time digests will be sent and/or start.
This time is based off the customer's time zone set in the Profile.
Interval between digest checks
Change the interval between each sent digest, allowing you to control the frequency. (4h, 6h, 8h, 12h, 24h)
Controls how long emails are available in quarantine digests. You can set this between 1 day - 30 days.
- Please note this is tied to the earlier setting of: Only include messages quarantined since the last Quarantine Digest was sent
- The digest will only show the first 100 quarantined messages. To see more please see this KB: Understanding Email Logs
Include emails that have been quarantined by
By default, the Digests will not include any Filtered or Blocked Sender rules. If you wish to include those configurations, you may select which ones you wish to have reported. You can choose the filters/rules created by: Organization, Groups, or User level filters/sender lists.
Organization filters and Blocked Sender List: These will include all mails that have been quarantined due to a global company filter set by your company administrator or on the global block list.
Group filters and Blocked Sender List:: These will include all mails that have been quarantined due to a group filter that has been set by your company administrator or sender lists. To see what groups you are associated with go to User Management > Groups > Select the Group > Sender Lists (top menu of Group Profile).
End-user filters and Blocked Sender List:: These will include all mails that have been quarantined due to a user filter or Sender List block that the user created. To see what Sender List filters you have created go to User Management > Users > Click on the User Profile > Sender Lists (top menu of user Profile)
Anti-Spoofing Policies - If the anti-spoofing policy is enabled, messages marked as Fraud for DKIM, DMARC, or SPF currently do not show in the digest. Only administrators can view these from the logs and release.
Exclude messages from the Quarantine Digest that are most likely to be spam:
If this option is set we will try to reduce the amount of emails in your digest by removing the ones that we are more sure are spam. This makes in easier for you to see any false positives that may have occurred when checking over your digest.
Disable Mail Preview From Digest
This will disable the option to preview any items within the Digest.
- Introducing Proofpoint Essentials
- Building and Sending Reports in Proofpoint Essentials
- Emails are not being received after setting up an organization on Proofpoint Essentials
- How do Poofpoint Essentials maintenance windows impact our organization?
- How to Create a Customer Template
- How to edit contents of the default Proofpoint Essentials notification emails
- How to edit contents of the default Proofpoint Essentials notification emails.
- How to enable Active Directory Sync to Proofpoint Essentials (LDAP Discovery)
- NEW Login Experience
- SMTP Discovery Management
- Where and how to log in to Proofpoint Essentials
- User Profile and User Stats
- Spam settings
- Adding a Spam stamp to message subject lines and delivering messages
- Configuring User Digest Settings
- Google Workspace email caught as spoof
- Inbound Email: Not receiving emails from specific senders or sending domains
- Inbound / Outbound UI Stats for Users
- Options for handling Bulk Mail
- Spam email still delivered to users
- Spam Settings Explained
- Spoofing: What is email and inbound domain spoofing and how do I prevent it?
- Email Encryption
- Are replies from the secure mail portal encrypted?
- Can I delete an encrypted email once it has been sent?
- Display Name is wrong in Encryption Portal
- Encryption Plug-in not showing
- Error opening encrypted emails and attachments
- Resetting Encryption Portal Password
- Register for Encrypted Email - SecureMail Portal
- DKIM and DMARC
- Targeted Attack Protection
- How are threats recognized?
- Quarantine digest
- Read Only Admin User