|Situation||You want users to understand how they can use the digest to inform Proofpoint of messages that should be approved and are not spam, that are definitively spam, and other options in the Digest.|
See below for information on:
The Quarantine Digest
The Digests tab provides access to the Quarantine digest settings and facilitates the ability to generate a new and current summary report for the end user. To find the settings:
- Navigate to Company Settings > Digest. In the new UI, navigate to Administration > Account Management >Digest.
The generated report contains a detailed list of items currently present in the user email Quarantine. The report allows users to:
|Preview||Allows the user to preview the message that was quarantined.|
|Release Email||Allows the user to release a specific email from a sender one time. This release function dose not update the Proofpoint Essentials spam learning engine and does not create any rules in relation to the sender.|
|Release & Approve||Allows the user to have the desired message released immediately and inform Proofpoint Essentials
to create a Whitelist(Allow) rule between the sender and recipient so that mail will not be qualified as Spam from
this sender in future. It further helps the Proofpoint Essentials engine learn that this sender is not a spammer and
update our understanding for the entire company.
|Block||Adds the sender to the blocked sender list to ensure these messages are blocked regardless of content in the future.|
|Request New Digest||Requests the latest version of the digest to be delivered to your Inbox.|
An example Quarantine Digest is shown below:
- Introducing Proofpoint Essentials
- Building and Sending Reports in Proofpoint Essentials
- How do Poofpoint Essentials maintenance windows impact our organization?
- How to Create a Customer Template
- How to edit contents of the default Proofpoint Essentials notification emails.
- How to enable Active Directory Sync to Proofpoint Essentials (LDAP Discovery)
- SMTP Discovery Management
- Where and how to log in to Proofpoint Essentials
- Spam settings
- Adjusting your spam settings
- Adding a Spam stamp to message subject lines and delivering messages
- Google Apps email caught as spoof
- How to configure Proofpoint Essentials' Spam detection
- Inbound Email: Not receiving emails from specific senders or sending domains
- Inbound / Outbound UI Stats for Users
- Options for handling Bulk Mail
- Spam email still delivered to users
- Spam Settings Explained
- User Digest Settings
- What is inbound domain spoofing and how do I prevent it?
- Quarantine digest
- Email Encryption
- DKIM and DMARC
- Targeted Attack Protection
- How are threats recognized?